Property Taxes
T: 780-623-1747

Notice of Electronic Tax and Assessment Communications Bylaw 22-014

Lac La Biche County Council has adopted the Electronic Tax and Assessment Communications Bylaw, which allows the County to send tax and assessment notices, documents and information electronically.

The bylaw provides an option for taxpayers to go paperless and receive their property assessment and tax notice, statements, documents and other information by electronic means. Electronic delivery of these notices and information will require the taxpayer to opt-in; taxpayers who wish to receive these notices and information through regular mail may continue doing so.

Please scroll to the bottom of this page for the form to opt-in to receive tax and assessment communications electronically.

Questions about the bylaw may be directed to the Finance Supervisor, Sandra Charles at (780) 623-6771 or email:, during regular business hours.

About the Budget

Each year Lac La Biche County Council approves the operating budget needed to support Lac La Biche County services. 

Council sets the annual Mill Rate, also known as the Municipal tax rate, during the first two weeks of May. The mill rate refers to the amount of tax payable per $1,000 of a property’s assessed value. Property taxes are generated when the municipal tax rates and provincial school and senior requisitions are multiplied by the assessed value of your property. 

The assessment and tax notices are mailed in mid-May and are due July 2, 2024.

Municipalities are required by legislation to bill and collect education and senior’s lodges taxes on behalf of the Province of Alberta. The province sets a budget and establishes these tax rates which are outside the County’s control. 

All residential and non-residential property owners pay education and senior’s lodge taxes, including people without children, and senior citizens.

Address changes

Alberta - Change of Address:  Property Owners who have moved need to notify the province with your new address. Once you have completed the form below please send it to the address noted on the form.

County - Change of Address:  For tax notices and all other change requests send Lac La Biche County an email with your name, old address, new address, and any other changed information.

Please click on the menu items below to learn more:

Methods of Payment


McArthur Place (Main Floor), 10307 – 100 Street Lac La Biche,  AB

Monday thru Friday | 8:30 am – 4:30 pm

After Hours

Payment Depository Box - In an envelope, deposit the remittance portion of your notice along with a cheque or money order into the payment depository box located at the front entrance of McArthur Place. Do not place cash in the payment box.

By Mail

Lac La Biche County, Box 1679, Lac La Biche, AB  T0A 2C0

Do not send cash in the mail.

Bank or Credit Union

Branch in Person payments, Online Banking or Telebanking.

Online Banking:  Select ‘Lac La Biche County Taxes’ as the Payee and your Roll number is your Account number.

Multiple Rolls:  A Payee must be set up for each Roll number.

Allow five to seven business days before penalty date to ensure payments are processed on time when making a payment by mail or through your bank.
AutoPayIs a monthly installment plan that allows you to pay your property taxes by monthly pre-authorized debit, rather than in a single annual payment. While on the autopay program you are not charged the penalties in July and November, while the agreement is in effect. Call 780-623-1747 for more information on how to sign up.

Lac La Biche County charges penalties for non-payment of taxes on current and arrears balances. 

Taxes that are outstanding after July 2 will start to accrue penalties and penalties will be charged on the following dates:

> July 3 -  a 5% penalty is levied to all unpaid balances

> November 15 -  a 7% penalty is levied to all unpaid balances

View Tax Penalty Bylaw

Lac La Biche County offers a tax payment program to help with your current and tax arrears. It allows property and manufactured homeowners who are in arrears to sign into a monthly agreement up to 36 months.

We work with you to determine the length of the agreement and a monthly payment amount that works best for you. The agreement is pursuant to the Municipal Government Act section 418 (4) for property owners and section 436.09 (4) for manufactured homeowners. 

When you sign up, you avoid penalties that are applied on July 3 and November 15, while the agreement is in effect.

How to Request a Certificate

Request a tax certificate by sending a request to:

Whether you represent the seller or the buyer, please include your business information and at least one of the following:

  1. Plan, Block, Lot 
  2. Long or short legal
  3. LINC Number
  4. Land Title Search

Please note:  We cannot provide a certificate using a municipal address.

Fee:  $35 per certificate (pricing may change without notice)

Payment Options:  cheque, credit card authorization form, or invoiced through your Accounts Receivable account.

Property Assessments

For property assessments click on the link below to be directed to our online mapping system where you can log in as a Guest and view property assessments. 


Eligible senior citizens may apply for the Alberta Seniors Benefit Program, which is intended to assist with the payment of property taxes. 

Please contact FCSS at (780) 623-6745 or click on the links below. 


Alberta Senior’s Benefit Program

Senior’s Property Tax Deferral Program

I have not received my Property Assessment and Tax Notice

  • Property tax notices are mailed annually in mid-May to the mailing address registered at Alberta Land Titles. If you have not received your current year’s tax notice by the first week of June, you can request a copy of your notice by calling 780-623-1747 or emailing to or coming into McArthur Place to request a copy in-person. Legal documents pertaining to the purchase of the property will be required to verify ownership before a tax notice will be given. 

It is the owner’s responsibility to keep their Land Title current, including the mailing address. Lac La Biche County can only change your address by receiving a land title update from Alberta Land Titles. You can change your address with Alberta Land Titles by filling out the Land Titles Change Address form.

I have moved how do I change my mailing address in order to receive my Property Assessment and Tax Notice next year?

  • Property owners who have moved need to notify Alberta Land Titles with your new address. You can fill out the Land Titles Change Address form and submit it by mail to the address on the form.

How can I request my Property Tax refund?

If you are the registered property owner and have a credit on your property tax account, you can request a refund.

Submit your request in writing:

  • By Canada Post - Box 1679, Lac La Biche, AB T0A 2C0
  • By Email -

Please Include the following information:                       

  • Your name
  • Daytime phone number
  • Legal and municipal address
  • 10-digit roll number from your tax notice
  • The amount to be refunded
  • Tax receipt in your name (this can be provided by the tax clerk)