Lac La Biche County undertakes a wide variety of construction and engineering projects each year. These projects expand and improve our County's infrastructure, to better serve our residents and visitors.
This year’s capital budget lays a foundation for the future, with construction beginning on a $15 million Aquatics Centre at the Bold Center and a $20 million Main Street Lac La Biche revitalization project—both developments will be completed over multiple years. A further $5.4 million will be spent to finish the last phase of the Bold Center Sports Fields project, and $2.7 million (of which 73% is grant-funded) will be used to replace 5 bridges and large culverts. Lift stations will be built near Plamondon for $2 million to improve sewer services in the area.
2021 Capital Project Overview:
2021 Construction Project Overview:
For a complete list of construction projects planned for this budget year, please click on Project Overview.
- Feb. 1/21: Construction Notice for Bridge File 13640 – Nashim Drive
- Feb. 24/21: Construction Notice for the Blais Resort Storm Outfall, Feb. 25-Apr. 9 (also linked in the table below)
- Mar. 5/21: General Notification Letter for the 101 Avenue Surface and Utility Rehabilitation (also linked in the table below)
- Mar. 8/21: Pre-construction Notice for Plamondon Lift Stations - Tree Clearing & Borehole Drilling (also linked in the table below)
- Apr. 23/21: Notice of Preliminary Survey Work - Beaver Hill Road & 91 Avenue Intersection Improvement
- Apr. 26 - June 25/21: Notice of Construction - Lakeview Crescent Water & Sewer Rehabilitation
- May 7: Nashim Drive between Tarrabain Dr. & 107 St. - disruption to traffic; down to one lane
- June 10: Bridge File 72757- Remove/Replace Bridge Structure and Road Grading. Temporary road closure on Range Road 143 will prevent direct access between Township Road 661 and Township Road 662.
- June 28-August 7 (weather-dependent), the bridge will be closed to traffic for the duration of the project (with access available to landowners). Work scheduled for 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mon.-Sat. and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sun. & holidays
- June 14: Elinor Lake Boat Launch Parking Lot and Area Improvements. As of June 29, please note that the construction of Elinor Lake boat launch parking has been completed and the road is open to the public.
- July 5 (tentative): Phase 1 of 101 Avenue (Main Street Lac La Biche) Surface and Utility Revitalization. This is a multi-year project, with Phase 1 between 103 and 105 Street starting in summer 2021. Crews will replace water and sewer, followed by curb, gutter, and sidewalk replacement and roadway resurfacing. Two lanes of traffic will be maintained for the majority of the project.
- July 5: Poplar Point Boat Launch Parking Lot and Area Improvements. The boat launch will be closed during the construction period. Speed reductions, minor delays, and traffic interruptions should be expected throughout the construction area.
- July 5 - August 9: Lakeland Drive - Beaverhill Road to Hwy 881; chip seal work and other work
- July 27 - August 10: Venice Road cold mix rejuvenation - traffic delays.
- August 3 - August 10: Replacement of old bridge-sized culvert and road repair for Bridge File 77865. Partial road closure.
- August 9 - September 10: Bridge File 74197 - Bridge Culvert Replacement crossing Mission Creek; Demolition, disposal, and salvage of an existing bridge culvert, structural excavation, supply and installation of a CSP culvert, Rip Rap Installation, Roadway Work
- August 20 - October 18: Bayview Beach Subdivision Water and Sewer Servicing
- September 7 - October 19: Bridge File 79415
- September - October: Bridge File 72382 and Bridge File 8807: See attached map locations for survey work in progress.