Overview of Bold Center sports field development
Post Date:07/21/2021 9:53 AM
With the opening of the artificial turf at the Bold Center (although that area is now closed up to July 26 to allow for cleaning and sealing), residents have been asking what the next steps for the outdoor sports field development are. The full outdoor sports field development is expected to be complete by next summer.
Line painting on the track surrounding the artificial turf is expected to be complete in August, and laying sod for the ball diamonds and natural turf field is now complete. We expect the ball diamonds and natural turf field to be available by September 1, 2021.
Other project features are scheduled as follows:
• Throwing events and high jump area: expected by this summer.
• Security fencing: to be installed this summer.
• Toilet facility near the ball diamonds: late summer/early fall.
• Gravel parking on the south side of the development: late fall.
• Bleachers at the artificial turf and the ball diamonds: installed throughout the winter season.
• LED screen, scoreboard, and press box: spring 2022.
• Moving the tennis and basketball courts: late spring/early summer 2022. Note that this involves creating new tennis and basketball courts near the turn off from 91 Avenue into the Bold Center parking lot. The existing tennis and basketball court will be converted into a parking area.
A change room building has been delayed for future budget consideration, and may be added to the project later.