Phase 1 of Main Street Lac La Biche Surface and Utility Revitalization Project tentatively begins July 5, 2021
As part of the 101 Avenue (Main Street Lac La Biche) Surface and Utility Revitalization Project, Elite Site Services and its subcontractors will be starting Phase 1 of utility and roadway work, between 103 and 105 Street.
This is a multi-year project that will be completed in multiple phases extending east to 100 Street, starting with Phase 1 in summer 2021.
Timeline: Monday, July 5 (tentative) to Friday, October 15, 2021
Scope of Work: water main, sanitary sewer main, and lot service replacements, followed by curb, gutter, and sidewalk replacement and roadway resurfacing.
Hours of Work: 7 am to 7 pm Monday to Saturday. 9 am to 5 pm Sundays and statutory holidays (as needed).
Impact to Residents and Local Traffic
- Two lanes of traffic will be maintained for the majority of the project, with intermittent use of flaggers to direct alternating traffic.
- Noise and presence of construction equipment/traffic.
- Curbside collection will not be affected. Place containers in their normal locations.
- Temporary water services will be provided to affected residents and businesses. Residents are asked not to tamper with temporary water line, valves, or fittings.
- Several short-term water service interruptions will be required. Residents and business owners will be kept updated as to when these will occur.
Here is a map of the affected area:
Residents are asked to please respect all construction signage, fencing, and barricades, and to follow flaggers' instructions.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we complete this important work. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to one of the following contacts:
Superintendent, Elite Site Services
Adam Boyko, C.E.T.
Construction Services Coordinator, V3 Companies of Canada
Lac La Biche County
Manager of Utilities
Ali Memon, P. Eng.
Manager of Engineering Services