All job opportunities available to people outside of our organization are listed here. Please check back frequently as the list changes. Each job posting has a closing date, after which applications are reviewed. We only contact short-listed applicants.
Please note: We will only consider your application for the specific job or jobs you have applied for. We do not save applications to automatically review when future jobs become available. You must re-apply each time.
Probation periods are typically 6-12 months, depending on the type of job and hours of work. Our comprehensive benefits package includes extended health and dental, disability, life insurance, pension, employee assistance, personal improvement and professional development. For full-time employees, the County covers 100 per cent of the premium costs of life insurance, disability and the Employee Assistance Program, 50 per cent of the pension premium and substantial personal improvement and professional development support.
- Community Partnership Coordinator
- Human Resources Clerk (part-time, 35 hours bi-weekly)
- Peace Officer - School Resource Officer
- Protective Services Clerk (part-time, 35 hours bi-weekly)
- Registered Heavy Duty Apprentice Technician
- Recreation Assistant
- Senior Manager, Planning & Development
- Waterworks Utility Operator
- Customer Service Representative (Term ending April, 2019)
- Natural Gas Utility Operator (Term ending February, 2019)
Summer & Seasonal Positions:
- Environmental Technicians
- Fire Smart Summer Employees
- IT Summer Student
- Support Clerks
- Weed Inspectors
- Integrated Vegetation Management Mower Operator (IVMO)
- Mower Operators
- Truck Drivers/Equipment Operators
Internal Opportunities (for Lac La Biche County employees only):
Paid On-Call Firefighter Opportunities:
Lac La Biche County is always searching for paid on-call volunteer firefighters for our five fire districts (Hylo, Lac La Biche, Owl River, Plamondon and Rich Lake). All training is provided by the County, and no previous experience is necessary. For more information, or to arrange pick-up of an application package, call 780-623-6774.