Lac La Biche County has many recreation programs and facilities that encourage residents, visitors and other to be active and involved in sport or other wellness activities. Those managed and maintained by the County include:
- The Bold Center is a large multiplex featuring two skating rinks including Swamp Cats Community Rink), two Cenovus Field Houses, the NEC Contractors/CRC Open Camp Curling Rink, the Cenovus Fitness & Wellness Centre, a boxing training area, the CNRL Running Track, a 400 seat Devon Community Hall, several meeting/multipurpose rooms and the Cenovus Child Minding Centre/Play Zone. Outside there are basketball and tennis courts. Fitness classes, programs and training offered in the Center are listed in the latest program guide, which will be available soon. Daily passes, and monthly or annual memberships are available.
- The Plamondon Arena also has an ice rink, second-floor mezzanine and multi-purpose room available for rent. Use the Facility Booking Request Form to reserve these facilities.
- Portage Pool has a 25 metre main pool, a wading pool, steam room and hot tub. Check out the Pool Schedule for pool hours and fees or the Portage Pool Program Guide for fitness classes, swim lesson details and times. Note: new admission and supervision rules came into effective February 2015.
- In addition to event and meeting spaces at the Bold Centre, Jubilee Hall (capacity 150) and meeting rooms at McArthur Place are available for rent. For all three facilities, fill out a Facility Booking Request Form. For more information, email or call Bookings.
- Outdoor facilities include hockey rinks, ball diamonds and soccer fields. Baseball diamonds can be booked. Email or call Bookings.
Everybody Gets to Play is a County sponsored initiative that helps children with financial barriers to participate in County recreation programs. The County offers a discount of up to $250 per child within a calendar year. To qualify, an application must be submitted at the time of registration.The County hosts, coordinates or sponsors dozens of events each year that benefit the County and enhance the quality of life of its residents. Up to $25,000 in support is available to community groups. Start your request by submitting a Sponsorship Request Application Form.