2018 Program Details
The Large Item Pick-Up Program is offered every spring, allowing residents to dispose of large household items they no longer want. During the designated period, the County will pick up large items for free, including TVs, stoves, and refrigerators.
If you have a back alley, please place your items neatly along the alley, outside of your fence line. If you do not have an alley, place your items neatly on your front curb for pick up. This service is only available to Lac La Biche and Plamondon hamlet residents.
Residents who do not live in the hamlets are encouraged to take their large items free of charge to local landfills or transfer stations between May 7 and 17, 2018.
Large Item Pick-Up Dates
May 7 to 10: Hamlet of Lac La Biche (north side of the railroad tracks). Put out items by May 6.
May 11: Hamlet of Plamondon. Put out items by May 10.
May 14 to 17: Hamlet of Lac La Biche (south side of the railroad tracks). Put out items by May 13.
Eligible Items for Pick-Up
Lac La Biche County will pick up clean and neatly set out items, such as:
- large electronics like TVs, stereo systems, and computers
- large appliances like stoves and refrigerators
- plumbing materials like clean toilets, sinks, and hot water tanks
- large furniture like couches and mattresses
- other large items like BBQs
- bags of leaves or grass (in clear or blue bags)
- branches tied into bundles of not more than 2 metres in length
- scrap metal no longer than 4 metres in length
Items that will NOT be Picked Up
Lac La Biche County will not pick up:
- dirty items
- items not neatly organized by category
- items scattered across the lawn or driveway
- black garbage bags or tarps
- recyclables, including cardboard boxes (empty or full)
- renovation or demolition materials
- tools or small appliances like toasters
- small household items like books and lamps
- household or loose yard waste
- pet waste
- liquids like oil or chemicals (these are accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Round Up on June 9)
Items must be organized by category (with, for example, yard waste in its own pile) and placed neatly on the curbside at the front of the property or along the back alley outside of your fence line. County staff will not enter private property. Hazardous chemicals like paint, solvents, oil, or cleaning materials will not be accepted. Please bring those to the Household Hazardous Waste Roundup at the Lakeland Agricom (13412 Highway 881, Lac La Biche, AB) from 10 am to 2 pm on June 9, 2018.