Municipal Election Day is October 16, 2017 in Alberta, and Nomination Day is September 18.
The 2017 Candidate Information Guide is now available, and includes a variety of appendices and resources that prospective candidates can use to prepare for and manage their election campaign.
Appendix 1: Now That You've Been Elected (Municipal Affairs Publication)
Appendix 2: Running for Municipal Office in Alberta
Appendix 3: Bylaw 12-043: Ward Boundaries
Appendix 4: Elected Officials Position Descriptions
Appendix 5: Committee Listings (Internal and External)
Appendix 6: Councillor Conference Attendance Policy
Appendix 7: Councillor Remuneration Policy and Benefits & Pension Information Sheet
Appendix 8: Forms
- Form 3: Nomination Paper & Candidate's Acceptance
- Form 7A: Proof of Identification for Section 52 Access
- Form 7B: Campaign Worker Proof of Identification
- Form LLBC01: Candidate Information Disclosure Form
- Form LLBC02: Candidate Scrutineer Notice
- Form LLBC03: Self-Funded Campaign Statement
- Form 21: Campaign Disclosure Statement & Financial Statement
The Government of Alberta also has a guide for women running for municipal office entitled Ready for Her.
The Returning Officer for the 2017 Municipal Election in Lac La Biche County is Colette Borgun (780-520-0566 or email@example.com).