- Municipal Services
- Economic Development
- Environment and Agriculture Services
- Facilities and Equipment
- Family & Community Support Services
- Parks and Open Spaces
- Planning and Development
- Protective Services
- Recreation, Culture and Facilities
- Resource Recovery (Garbage Collection & Landfill)
- Transportation Services
- Utility Services (Gas, Water, Sewer)
Legislative Services facilitates the smooth functioning of the County by running Council meetings and elections, and ensures that the organization is aware of the will of Council. Legislative Services also takes care of legal issues for the County, particularly regarding the Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act.
Office location and mailing address
13422 Hwy 881
Lac La Biche, AB T0A 2C0
- Council minutes
- Agenda packages
- Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy inquiries
Participating in a Council meeting
- Just to listen: All Council Meetings are open to the public. The public will be asked to exit the meeting room only during issues legally required to be discussed privately under the Freedom of Information Act.
- Public Input Sessions: Members of the public may address Council for a maximum of two minutes during the Public Input Session which is held at the beginning of every Regular Council Meeting and Policy and Priority Committee Meeting. Speakers should register their names for the record at the beginning of the meeting.
- Delegations: Presenters who require an extended amount of time to discuss their concern may appear as a delegation before Council, and will usually be allotted a half hour maximum for their presentation. If you wish to appear as a delegation to Council, Legislative Services will require a written submission no later than 6 days prior to the meeting. It should include the contact information for the presenter and the issue they wish to discuss with Council.
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Issues
- The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act ("the FOIP Act") provides a formal method of requesting information held by public bodies which is not available by other means.
- Contact Legislative Services if you have questions about how the County manages your personal information, or you want to request access to information or a correction of your personal information.
- There is a minimum fee of $15.00 or $65.00 per hour for data retrieval.