County seeking groups to operate concession at Canada 150 event
Lac La Biche County is planning a community celebration to mark Canada 150 and is looking for interested groups to operate a “Canuck Eh!-ppetizers” booth on Saturday, July 1, 2017 from 6-10 p.m. at McArthur Place. Selected groups must meet the requirements listed below, with the groups being entitled to all profits as a fundraiser. Duties will include preparing and serving small appetizers, with food items and sale prices specified by the County’s event planning committee (see below).
- Provide a minimum of 10 volunteers to prepare, operate and clean up the “Canuck Eh!-ppetizers” stand three hours prior, during (6-10 p.m.) and after the event.
- Prepare and serve appetizers for up to 2,000 people
- Follow proper food safety and handling procedures
- Provide necessary food safety certifications
- Provide own float fund
- Provide cleanup of McArthur Room and adjacent kitchen and dispose of all food and beverage-related items after the event
Foods that may be required for preparation and serving include, but may not be limited to: Canadian bacon burger, Oka cheese, Nanaimo bars, poutine, bannock, etc.
Interested groups are invited to contact Andrea Ulliac at (780) 623-6730 or e-mail email@example.com for more information. Proposals for consideration can also be submitted to Ms. Ulliac, no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 26, 2017. The selected groups will be contacted no later than Friday, June 2, 2017.